v What is the cell division?
Cell division is the process by which a parent cell decides in two or more daughter cell. Cell division are two type,
v Importance of cell division in living cell
· Cell repair – Animals, plant, fungal and bacterial cells divide to allow an increase in number and the repair of damaged cell in multicellular organisms…E.G-: bone marrow makes the new blood cells.
· It is important because it distributes the identical genetical material to daughter cell.
· Sexually reproducing organisms develop from a single cell.
· In unicellular organism, cell division reproduce an entire organism….E.G-:Amoeba
· Cell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell, the fertilized egg or zygote.
· With the cell division growth occur through an increase in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
· Maintenance of chromosome number.