Cell division is a basic process in all living organisms involving separation of the genetic material into the two daughter calls.
Importance of cell division
- In unicellular organism, cell division reproduce an entire organism. Eg-:amoeba.
- cell division can produce the progeny from some multicellular organisms such as those which grow from cutting.
- cell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell,the fertilized egg or zygote.
- cell division involves in repairing of cells Eg -: bone marrow makes the new blood cells.
- it is important because it distribures the identical genrtical material to daughter cell.
- With the cell divusion growth occur through an increase in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
- Without cell division death quickly ensure.