Importance of cell division
cell division - cell division is the process by which a parent cell decides in two or more daughter cell.
- In unicellular organism,cell division reproduce an entire organism. e.g. amoeba
- Cell division can produce the progeny from some multi cellular organisms such as those plants which grow from cutting
- Cell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell,the fertilized egg or zygote.
- Cell division involves in repairing of cells e .g . bone marrow makes the new blood cells.
- It is important because it distributes the identical genetic material to daughter cell.
- With the cell division growth occur through an increase in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
- Without cell division death will quickly ensure.