Importance of cell division for a living cell
- Cell division is the process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells. Cell division usually occurs as part of a larger cell cycle.
- Cell is the basic unit of structure and function in organic. All organisms made of one or more cells. cell has been create from various organelles.
- Cells are independent, single celled organisms that take in nutrients, excrete wastes, detect and respond to their environment, move, breathe, grow and reproduce.
3) All cells come from exiting cells.
- Cell is the fundamental unit of structure and function in all living organisms.
- The activities of an organism depend on the total activity of independent cells.
4) Cellular growth.
- In more primitive life forms, cell division serves as a means of reproduction called binary fission, occurs in organisms that have not evolved sexual reproduction or have no use for sex.
5) Cell repair
- Animal, plant, fungal and bacterial cells divide to allow an increase in number and the repair of damaged cell in multicellular organisms.