Cell division is the process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells.
* Importance of cell division.
- In unicelluar organism, cell division reproduce an entire organism. ex ; Amoeba.
- Cell division can produce the progeny from some multicellular organisms such as those plants which grow from cutting.
- It is important because it distributes the identical genetical material to daughter cell.
- The cell division growth occur through an increse in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
- Cell division also enables sexsually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell.