Importance of cell division for a living cell.
What is the cell division?
- Cell division is the process by which a cell called the parent cell divides into cells called daughter cells.
- When the cell divides everything inside it divides also. The nucleus and the chromosomes divide and the mitochondria divide also.
Two types cell division
- Cell division con produce the progeny from some multicellular organisms such as those plants which grow from cutting.
- In unicellular organism cell division reproduce an entire organism
- Cell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell the fertilized egg or zygote.
- Cell division involves in repairing of cells.
E.g.:- Bone marrow makes the new blood cells.
- It is important because it distributes the identical genetically material to daughter cell.
- With the cell division growth occur through an increase in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
- Without cell division death will quickly ensure.