the process in reproduction and growth by which a cell divides to form daughter cell.
Important of cell division
- cell division increases the total amount of cell in an organism.
- even after growth stops, the body still needs cell division Eg-red blood cells.
- single celled organisms use cell division to reproduce themselves.
- healing and tissue repair.
- in unicellular organism, cell division reproduce an entire organisms. Eg-amoeba.
- cell division can produce the progeny from some multicellular organisms such as those plants which grow from cutting.
- sell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell, the fertilized egg or zygote.
- cell division involves in repairing of cells Eg- bone marrow makes the new blood cells.
- its important because it distributes the identical genetical material to daughter cell.
- with the cell division growth occur through an increase in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
- without cell division death will quickly ensure.