cell division is the process by which a parent cell divides into two or more daughter cells.
important for living cell,
cellular reproduction-cell division serves as a means of reproduction in unicellular organisms through binary fission.
cell repair-the human body also repairs injuries by means of cell division
cellular growth-organism grow either by augmenting cell size or increasing in cell number. While a multicellular organism is in its early stages of development, cell divide at accelerated rates to increase the size of the organism. Cell continue to divide to increase organism size until the organism reaches adulthood.
Cell division - cell division is the process by which a parent cell decides in two or more daughter cell.
Importance of cell division for a living cell-
· Genetic variation -
Meiosis provides a part to remain the chromosomal number constant generation.
In asexually reproduced organisms the variation among off spring occurs through mutation.
genetic variation occurs through meiosis.
· Healing and regeneration
· In unicellular organism cell division reproduce an entire organism.e.g amoeba
· cell division can produce the progeny from some multi cellular organism such as plants which grow from cutting.
· cell division also enables sexually reproducing organism to develop from a single cell,the fertilized egg or zygote.
· cell division involves in repairing of cells.e.g bone marrow makes the new blood cell.
· it is important because it distributes the identical genetically material to daughter cell.
· with the cell division growth occur through and increase in volume and enlargement of the outer membrane.
· without cell division death will quickly ensure.