Importance of cell division
1. Unicellular organism divides & forms duplicate offspring.
2. Produce progeny from some multicellular organisms (plants grow from cuttings).
3. Sexually reproducing organisms develop from a single cell.
4. Cell renewal & repair
5. The ability to grow and reproduce are two fundamental qualities of life.
6. During ell division one cell becomes two new cells.
*Reproduction occurs as binary fission in prokaryotes.
*Growth and some reproduction occurs as mitosis in eukaryotes.
*Reproduction often involves meiosis in eukaryotes.
7. All cell division is proceeded by DNA replication.
8. Cell division can produce the progeny from some multicellular organism such as those plants
which grow cutting.
9. Cell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop from a single cell, the
fertilized egg or zygote.
10. Cell division involves in repairing of cells ex: - bone marrow makes the new blood cells.