The process of division of exiting cell to form two new daughter cells is
known as cell division
*Importance of cell division
There are 3 main reasons for cell division
1) Cell Division for Reproduction
*It is an important characteristic for life
*All living things must reproduce
*Each time a cell divides it produces two new cells which can
1. Identical *Asexual reproduction (Mitosis)
2. Different *Sexual reproduction (Meiosis
Cell division allows an organisms to grow bigger
Unicellular organisms like bacteria reproduce by dividing in two. Sexual
reproduction in multicellular organisms occurs when sperm and egg cells
are made from the division of cells in reproductive organs.
1. Some cells get old wear out
2. New cells formed by the cell cycle replace old cells before the cell
3. In unicellular organism, cell division reproduce an entire organism
4. Cell division can produce the progeny from some multicellular
organism such as those plants which grow cutting.
5. Cell division also enables sexually reproducing organisms to develop
from a single cell, the fertilized egg or zygote.
6. Cell division involves in repairing of cells ex: - bone marrow makes
the new blood cells.
7. It is important because it distributes the identical genetical material
to daughter cell.
8. With the cell division growth occur through an increase in volume
and enlargement of the outer membrane.
9. Without cell division death will quickly ensure.