- Wounds on uncut skin are most comman in the form of cuts.
- from the mouth to the esophagus and on the trachea thera are wounds.
- There are two types of disease. the first is spread by biting insects ( especially mosquitoes ) and contaminating the wounds , with wounds on the comb , wattles , and beak.
- Affected birds in theis fourm usually recover within a few weeks. the second form of the virus spread through in halation , causing mouth , larynx , larynx and some times heart attack.
- Vaccines are available foe fowlpox.
- There is no treatment after a bird is in fected.
- preventive measures including vaccination and mosquito management.