1) Fowl Pox Disease.
** Fowl pox is contagious viral disease.
** bird of all age is affected by this disease.
** chicken and turkeys are mainly affected by this disease.
** some viral type may also affect pigeons,geese,pheasant and quills.
** 1.2.% mortality rate.
** incubation period 2-3weeks.
** fowlpox is seen world wide.
2) etiology (reason )
* The large DNA virus an avipoxvirus belongs to family poxviridae.
* bricked shaped virus
* the most common vectors for transmission of the avipoxvirus.
* contaminated water and feed.
* through wounds
* vertical transmission is suspected .
* cutaneous form
* diphtheritic form
* oculonasal form
3) prevention method
* Using mild attenuated avipox,chickenstrain virus vaccine 8 weeks.
* vaccinated against avain pox by subcutaneous injection at day old.
* all in all out programs
* control mosquitoes (anti mosquito spray)
*sanitize drinking water
* flock drinking water
* treatment scubs with dilute iodine solution
* oxytetracyclin 300mg per gallon water for three days.